Home Security Tips Checklist:
Here are some things to consider when locking down your Arvada, Westminster & Denver home!
The majority of all burglary related crime is a crime of opportunity not planned targeted robberies. The idea is to make your home, garage and vehicle a harder target and less appealing to burglar due to risk. Below is a list of tips and things to consider.
- Lock your doors and windows.
- Install pin locks (secondary) on 1st floor windows.
- Secure ladders & tools so they can’t be used to get in.
- Get an alarm system, there cheap and make noise.
- Cut back bushes & cover from around your home.
- Install motion & landscape lighting, eliminate cover.
- Install deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- Reinforce exterior door jambs & hinges.
- Install 3m security film on easy access glass openings.
- Hide your security pin pad so the make/model can’t be seen.
- Get a dog that barks!
- Get signs (alarm, dog, gun, crazy owner).
- Get a safe.
- Don’t leave envelopes, money or notes taped to the door.
- Install tracking software on laptops & other electronics.
- Take your name off the house/mailbox!
- Install wireless security cameras & send to the cloud.
- Check the garage door emergency release is secured with a zip tie.
- Don’t leave keys lying around. Install a key lock box secured to the wall.
- Install a peep hole in all solid exterior doors.
- Install a metal security door with a locking knob and deadbolt.
- Check the sliding glass door! Install pin lock & 3m security film.
- Lock your vehicles or park in the garage.
- Install 3m glass security film on vehicle glass to stop smash and grab.
- Install lighted large house numbers.
- Have a trusted friend check daily on the house & get the mail when away.
- Don’t announce your going away on social media!
- Check your social media’s privacy settings for all members of the household.
- Install “property marking” tags on valuables like TV’s, computers, iPad…
- Know who comes and goes including your contractors help.
- Install WiFi or App controlled light bulbs, so you can turn lights on and off.
- Get a doorbell camera system. Burglars are known to knock to see if your home.
Every property is different give me a call for a quick chat about your Arvada home security.
I serve the Colorado cities of North Denver, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Westminster, Lakewood & Thornton.
- Small Brick Patios - October 17, 2017
- Kitchen Sink Caulking & Waterproofing - October 17, 2017
- Concrete Floor & Wall Painting - October 17, 2017
- Hiding Exterior House Wires - October 17, 2017
- Goof Off Graffiti Remover Denver - October 17, 2017
- Scraping Basement Walls & Masonry Painting - October 17, 2017
- Small Bath Remodel - October 17, 2017
For more than 20 years I have run my own home repair & handyman service. I grew up near Valley Forge Pennsylvania, graduated in 1991 and attended plumbing trade school. In 2018 I will be 45 years old & self employed over 20 years. Put my 20+ years of experience to work for you!
As a second business I promote a vacation club in Mexico. They offer a 5 night all inclusive stay to families and couples to attend their timeshare presentation. I have access to three 5 star and one four diamond rated resorts. See all 4 all inclusive timeshare promotions here.
PS. I have collected thousands of videos (YouTube) and pictures (Pinterest) related to the Cancun Coast from Isla Holbox to Tulum! I love to build websites and took these videos/pictures and grouped them by fun thing to do! It's worth a peek if your thinking of a Mexican vacation anytime soon.