Arvada Home Security Tips Checklist:
Here are some things to consider about home security for your Arvada, Westminster or Denver home!
The majority of all burglary related crime is a crime of opportunity, not planned targeted robberies. There are some simple things you can do to increase not just your sense of security but have real home security. The idea is to make your home, garage and vehicle a harder target and less appealing to burglar due to risk of being caught. Below is a list of tips and things to consider increasing the security of.
My Arvada Colorado Home Security Tips
- Lock your doors and windows.
- Install pin locks (secondary) on 1st floor windows.
- Install window and door security shutters or bars.
- Install window security bars.
- Secure ladders & tools so they can’t be used to get in.
- Get an alarm system, there cheap and make noise.
- Cut back bushes & cover from around your home.
- Install motion & landscape lighting, eliminate cover.
- Install deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- Reinforce exterior door jambs & hinges.
- Install 3m security film on easy access glass openings.
- Hide your security pin pad so the make/model can’t be seen.
- Get a dog that barks!
- Get signs (alarm, dog, gun, crazy owner).
- Get a safe.
- Don’t leave envelopes, money or notes taped to the door.
- Install tracking software on laptops & other electronics.
- Take your name off the house/mailbox!
- Install wireless security cameras & send to the cloud.
- Check the garage door emergency release is secured with a zip tie.
- Don’t leave keys lying around. Install a key lock box secured to the wall.
- Install a peep hole in all solid exterior doors.
- Install a metal security door with a locking knob and deadbolt.
- Check the sliding glass door! Install pin lock & 3m security film.
- Lock your vehicles or park in the garage.
- Install 3m glass security film on vehicle glass to stop smash and grab.
- Install lighted large house numbers.
- Have a trusted friend check daily on the house & get the mail when away.
- Don’t announce your going away on social media!
- Check your social media’s privacy settings for all members of the household.
- Install “property marking” tags on valuables like TV’s, computers, iPad…
- Know who comes and goes including your contractors help.
- Install WiFi or App controlled light bulbs, so you can turn lights on and off.
- Get a doorbell camera system. Burglars are known to knock to see if your home.
Check Out My Pinterest Door Security Board
Looking for door security related products? Here is my collection of door security products and articles found on Pinterest. You can check it out directly here.
Want More Pictures?
Every Arvada property is different, give me a call for a quick chat about your home security.
I serve the Colorado cities of North Denver, Arvada, Wheat Ridge, Westminster, Lakewood & Thornton.
Welcome to my travel service BBB profile and reputation area.
As a second business, I have been building two vacation promotion websites. Since 2012 I have sent over 200 hundred couples on a timeshare promotion tour that is all inclusive. The resort chain is Sandos Resorts and they have an incredible rating on TripAdvisor! I hope you will check out this offer. I believe it may be the most valuable timeshare promotion available. They have 4 locations beachfront Mexico!
Welcome to my BBB profile and reputation page!
I also have a great reputation on Nextdoor too.
Please take a few minutes and review me after I have served you.
It is important to me that I did a good job and that you are happy with my service!
Small Jobs Denver Site Map